Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Voter ID requirements

So the Supreme Court has ruled that it is Constitutional to require voters to present ID. Cool. I have no problem with that whatsoever. What's funny is that liberals are whining about how this is an "infringement on a fundamental right." They go on to explain how it will greatly impact the ability of poor, inner-city voters to exercize their rights.

Here we see a perfect example of the contradictions liberals face when they oppose the 2nd Amendment. When I buy a gun I need TWO separate forms of ID. I went down to the DMV and paid for a State ID card to use in conjunction with my Driver's License. If requiring one ID for voting is unconstitutional, why isn't requiring two forms to buy a gun? Not to mention requiring me to pay a transfer fee. That certain hurts the ability for poor folks to buy guns doesn't it?

No comments: