Sunday, June 22, 2008

P228

Because I have nothing else to blog about at the moment.

Pics as promised

Interestingly, the P6 and P228 are almost identical in size, but the double stack grip of the P228 makes it feel much bigger than it really is. In fact, I think they might actually be identical in size aside from grip thickness. It sure looks like it when you lay one on top of the other.

And man the trigger pull on this thing is really nice. If it were a bit lighter and a bit shorter it'd be perfect.

2 comments:

CTone said...

I like the P228 more, but I like the looks of the P6/225 - with the squared trigger guard - better. Are those Pachmayers on the P6? They look kick-ass.

I've wanted one since reading about how rugged they are from none other than Michael Bane.

I'm working up fundage right now for several projects so mine will have to wait.

Mike W. said...

The P6 pictured in this post has the factory plastic grips. My other all-black P6 has Pachmayrs. Got them for $15 and now they sell for well over $100.

The P6 has never malfunctioned, even when I limp-wristed like crazy trying to shoot righty.

I'm going to have to get used to the DAO trigger on the P228, but I doubt it'll be too hard.