Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reading the Decision

I'm going to forgo reading Heller until I'm home with a few beers in front of me. As far as the dissents, well I'm going to need a few beers just to get through them.

Update - Thanks Nikki

...the majority "would have us believe that over 200 years ago, the Framers made a choice to limit the tools available to elected officials wishing to regulate civilian uses of weapons."

-Justice Stevens

Ugh. Looks like the dissents are going to be hard to read with bullshit like that. The Framers made a choice to limit the power of government, hence the Bill of Rights. What the hell else is "Shall not be infringed" supposed to mean? And how, using any level of logic, can regulation amounting to an outright ban be anything other than an infringement? Put down the bong Justice Stevens or at least pass it to me.

2 comments:

CTone said...

I started to read it, but I'm at work so I'll read it tonight as well. I can count on my wife calling me a big dork for being so hung up on this stuff.

Mike W. said...

I still haven't read the whole thing. I'm also weird and started by reading the dissents 1st.