Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dear NRA - Don't Tease Me Bro

So I check my e-mail a few minutes ago and I see an e-mail from the NRA entitled "Delaware: Right-to-Carry Permit Reform Headed to the Governor." Naturally I get excited, thinking that maybe shall-issue legislation moved through the State legislature and I somehow missed it.

Then I open the e-mail and am disappointed. Damn.

Granted, this is good reform, and something we need. I was just wishfully thinking it was something more.

From the e-mail,

"House Bill 226 by a vote of 21 to 0. An amendment in the bill would provide an affirmative defense to any person who is charged with carrying a concealed deadly weapon and has filed for a renewal of their permit, but is still waiting for the Superior Court to act."

This may seem minor, but it's important given that the State sometimes drags its feet with permit renewals. I suppose you could just open carry while waiting for the State to process your renewal paperwork, but you shouldn't have to.

No comments: