Monday, July 19, 2010

Quote of The Day - Flying With Guns

Trust me, I’ve had sone doosies over the years, though. The best (worst) was the Delta counter clerk in Seattle back in 2000 who decided to “check whether the gun is empty” by pointing my Beretta 92G over my shoulder at the crowd of people waiting in line and then pulling the trigger repeatedly."

- Todd G. of Pistol-Training.com

On the two occasions I flew with a gun the counter clerks had no interest whatsoever in touching my gun. They simply asked me if it was unloaded. That's exactly how I want it to be. It's almost unbelievable that the Delta clerk would do that, but then we all know there's no shortage of stupid folks in the world.

5 comments:

FightinBluHen51 said...

Where's the "fail" in the title?

Linoge said...

Crap on a gorramed crutch! I am not sure how I would have reacted to someone doing something like that, but it probably would not have been good, and might even have delayed my flight a little...

Every time I have flown with a firearm, the checking agent had me open up the case, and almost every single time, that was it. Only once did one agent request me to show safe and clear, but I was the one doing the touchy-feeling.

Sarah said...

I would have leaned over so that I was very close to the idiot's ear and very, very quietly explained every aspect of his potentially terminal stupidity to him...with a very controlled tone.

While imagining myself armbar-choking him out of existence and being given the key to the city for raising the region's average IQ a dozen points.

Nancy R. said...

Great. I'm flying in two days. On Delta. Another facet of the "This is going to be a crap trip" crystal.

Anonymous said...

What a moron. I would have slapped the weapon out of his hand back into mine and disassembled it on the spot in front of them and called them a moron.