Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is it the guns or is it people?

The guns are the problem, not sick people like this teenager, right?   I mean people like this guy are no danger to anyone if we ban all guns, right?

"Police found evidence that Williams fatally beat a family cat with a flashlight and set it on fire at a remote cul-de-sac, where they found the charred remains of a cat collar. A witness reported seeing a burned cat carcass in the same location earlier, the Prosecutor's Office said. Documents said Williams admitted to killing the cat and said he tried to kill the animal with his bare hands, but it was taking too long so he bludgeoned it to death. Williams told police he put the cat’s body in his car for a few days before burning the body."

There are sick, violent, evil, deranged people in the world.   That is exactly why citizens retaining the right (and means) of defending themselves is a moral imperative.  If someone like this guy attacked you do you really think you could "reason" with him or "just give him what he wants?"  I'd say that's highly unlikely.  You can't combat crazy and violent with reason, but multiple jacketed hollowpoints are a universal language that even crazy understands.

Also, I don't even want to think about what I'd do if I saw a man trying to kill my dog with his bare hands.

1 comment:

Weer'd Beard said...

If I saw a man trying to beat YOUR dog to death, I'd shoot the bastard, barring whatever action taken by you first of course.

If he is beating your dog (and dude you have a lab, the only way that dog is gonna bite is if you climb in his mouth, while I jump up and down on his jaws), lord knows what his next plan is.