Sunday, August 28, 2011

Overblown

Irene was totally overblown. I didn't even lose power at the apartment. In fact, I've had stronger winds during thunderstorms this month. Hurricane Floyd in 99' was far worse.

We did have some bad flooding in a low area about 5 miles from my apartment. I've never seen it like that there.

Everyone was pulled over taking pictures so I stopped and took a few. As usual not a word was said about the P229R on my hip.












Taken from the bridge. The homes & cars below were partially submerged.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Glad to hear you're okay! Just watch out for Stray Goblins looking for easy pickin's over the next few days.

Jeff the Baptist said...

This was my experience in Newark as well. Never lost power which probably contributes to that impression. If my sump pump hadn't been cycling up regularly, my impression would have been very different.

Instead I sat and watched local TV through most of it. In the basement because of tornado warnings. But still the weather wasn't bad enough to kill my satellite signal which happens during most severe storms.

Mike W. said...

Les - No need really. Everything is pretty much back to normal for most of NCC.

Jeff - My sister has an apartment on North St. She never lost power either. Glad to hear your experience was similarly uneventful. Hell, I lost power earlier this month due to thunderstorms.