Monday, December 19, 2011

In case you were wondering

The reason for this post?  I'm going back to school starting January 9th at a nearby law school.  It's 24 credits to get my certification, which I'm planning on doing over 3 semesters.

I've never done this whole "work full time, go to school at night" thing, and I haven't cracked a textbook since 2008, so I'm a little nervous.  Still, when The Firm steps in and says they'll reimburse me 100% if I'd like to go back to school I'd have to be crazy not to take them up on it.

Also, no school loans.  I have more than enough in savings to cover tuition, since I was planning on doing this even before work pulled me aside and offered to pay.

I'll still be blogging somewhat regularly until then, but after January 9th expect the free ice cream machine to be on the fritz here.  You may get some sweets occasionally, but don't get your hopes up.

5 comments:

Christina LMT said...

Awesome! Congratulations and Good Luck!

Weer'd Beard said...

Congrats! Also you're a braver man than I!

I did my time on the inside, and I Ain't goin' back!

mike's spot said...

nice! best of luck!

Bubblehead Les. said...

Hey, if I could START my College Career at age 42, plus try to keep the Wife Happy , why, young man, you should have no problem....ah, why keep up the Bullshit? You'll be lucky to find time to Sleep, let alone Blog.

But that doesn't mean you get to skip Blogshoots, okay?

But those "No Guns On Campus" Laws will necessitate a change in your Self-Defense Posture, so Plan Ahead.

Merry Christmas!

BobG said...

I didn't go back to college until I was 40; good luck.