Thursday, December 29, 2011

An old device

MIT researchers develop an apparatus that makes you feel like you're 75 years old. (I honestly don't see how this in any way simulates arthritis, FWIW)

"Braces and bands mimic joint stiffness and muscular fatigue. Leg straps create slower leg movements, and helmet attachments give the wearer an age-induced curved spine. Yellow eyeglasses make it difficult to read small print...."

Hmm, that all sounds familiar, which begs the question, what's it going to be like when I actually am 75 years old?  Dad and I often joke that I'd better hope for some revolutionary advancements in joint repair / replacement technology, but we're really only half joking.

Still, I kind of want to wear one of these things for a day, just to see what it's like.



H/T to Neatorama