Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quote of the day - Stupid questions

"If a business only exists for profits and not for jobs, should the government be facilitating their growth or regulating them into oblivion?"

- Nemski - of Delaware Liberal

Even the politico piece he links to makes me want to bang my head against the wall.  From their piece,

"Profits may eventually bolster employment, but the chief priority remains the bottom line."

Please show me private business ventures in which the chief priority is not the bottom line and point me to how successful they are.  Profits are a good thing for any business, since employment can't be bolstered without the business making profits.  I keep forgetting that "profit" is a four letter word to those who don't like free market capitalism.

Either way Romney is a liberal, big government, gun-grabbing schmuck who is only marginally less repulsive than the current liberal, big government, gun-grabbing schmuch currently occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

I've actually seen a bunch of people with awesome ideas and products/services, who no longer offer those products and services because they held some "Progressive" ideals, and didn't feel right about profiting off of the needs of others.

Just like if my job decided to stop paying me. When you aren't making anything off of a hard job you get sick of it and do something else pretty quick.

BTW Delaware Liberal? I thought you quit that rabble of idiots...

Mike W. said...

I saw it somewhere else and well, stupidity makes for good QOTD material when I have none in the bank.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Well, with Romney, at least SOMEONE will be making a Profit.