Saturday, June 22, 2013

Religion and Respect

My sister has a summer job where she has to drive around in a van with a team of co-workers collecting traffic data and analyzing it.  This means she's often driving to the beach and gets to hang out at the beachhouse with us during downtime between routes. (Specific routes must be driven at specific times)

Today she stops by and introduces one of her co-workers.  My mom introduces herself, says hi and puts out her hand... He takes a step back, wipes his hand on his leg and says "I'm Muslim, I don't shake hands"......He then proceeds to shake hands with my dad, brother & 6 year old nephew in front of my Mom.

Mom is far, far too nice.  A lot of the women I know would've thrown him out of the house right then & there.

6 comments:

TinCan Assassin said...

Did you offer him 72 Virgins?

Bubblehead Les. said...

Welcome to 21st. Century America.

Be funny to see if he tried that down in Texas or in West-by-God.

harp1034 said...

Your Dad should have kicked him out right then and there. No one is going to come into my home and disrespect my wife like that.

Mike W. said...

I heard it 2nd hand from my mom, since I was out on the deck at the time.

I wonder if he'd have tried it if I'd been out there OC'ing at the time?

Harp - Agreed absolutely, but my dad is well....

Carl said...

I would've kicked him out right then and there. I hate people like that who are disrespectful of women. Of course, if your folks had done that, you'd probably be hearing from CAIR..

Michael W. said...

Hey Mike,

I don't know, that individual crossed TWO lines, insulting a woman AND your mom which would have called for at LEAST a cussin' or a a*s whipping.

What Churchill said in 1899 about Muslims is being proved out more and mor