Friday, October 4, 2013

Peace for All

The Muslim terrorists who carried out the Kenyan Mall massacre not only killed 67 innocent people in a country with strict gun control, they also maimed, mutilated, and tortured those inside the mall.

'You find people with hooks hanging from the roof.'

"Hostages were left hanging and had their eyes gouged, others were dismembered. Others had their throats slashed or were castrated and had fingers amputated"

And yet there are people out there so damn naïve they think that if we're just nice to everyone, no one will try to hurt us.  If we just get rid of the guns everyone will hold hands and sing kumbaya.  And you, well if you don't believe that this wonderful peaceful utopia never realized in all of human history is possible, then you're just a pessimist.  You're an awful person who has no hope for humanity.

In the past I used to really try to understand such people.  Now?  Now I just right them off as the fools they are.

Breda sent me this quote a few weeks ago that I think is spot-on
"Pacifists are like sheep who believe that wolves are vegetarians."
Yves Montand

Sometimes those naïve people are one's I've known for most of my life, and I just hope, for their sake that their beliefs aren't tested by harsh reality.  The violent realities of the world scare the ever living shit out of them, so rather than choosing to think about that reality they hide behind such blind "peace for all" ideologies.

Me?  I can't look at the actions of groups like Al Shabab and think anything other than "At my signal, unleash hell!"  You simply cannot appeal to the better nature of people like this.

No comments: