Saturday, July 19, 2008

This Has To Be A Joke........Right?

The Nunez Family in Ohio has trouble making ends meet.

Here's the money quote. You'll understand once you click on the link.

"The rising cost of food means their money gets them about a third fewer bags of groceries — $100 used to buy about 12 bags of groceries, but now it's more like seven or eight. So they cut back on expensive items like meat, and they don't buy extras like ice cream anymore."

Somehow I don't think they should be buying any "extras" nor much meat. Beans, rice and water are cheap. Poor children in Africa are starving, but these poor heffers can't afford ice cream anymore. How will they ever survive?

"Nunez, 40, has never worked and has no high school degree.....she and her daughter, Angelica Hernandez, survive on a $637 Social Security check and $102 in food stamps."

40 years old, she's NEVER WORKED and she has the audacity to bitch about her inability to make ends meet? "I just can't get a job" is BULLSHIT. If she's that age and has never worked it's because she's a lazy lard-ass who'd rather live off of the government. Her 19 year old daughter is no better. I understand some people are naturally big, but DAMN! Can't afford gas and a car? (I saw no mention of car insurance.....how typical.) Can't walk to work? Ever heard of a bicycle? There's got to be a bus stop somewhere nearby.

Holy shit! Check out the graphic discussing their budget. They pay only $100/month in rent because it's subsidized housing! What the hell!? None of them earn any income, yet they still have spending money at the end of each month......and they're complaining?

I can't even comment anymore. This just pisses me off. Was this article supposed to evoke sympathy? Well it didn't. I must be a heartless asshole.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that both of these fine outstanding "citizens" (?) would benefit from abstaining from any sort of mechanical conveyance (buses, cars, subways) and get their fat asses out and walk to work!

BobG said...

They must be getting a lot of food stamps.

Mike W. said...

hmm. I just realized Bitter beat me to this.

cocked and loaded said...

I must be a "heartless asshole"
myself.

mike's spot said...

who said that generational welfare was a construction of the republican mind?

I feel for people who genuinely are having trouble making ends meet with increasing food and transportation costs- but I cannot find myself evoking the same emotions for people who don't try to contribute back to our system.

If she has a legitimate disability, ok- I can feel bad- but if not- then I would think that the basic desire to try to provide for yourself and your family would have urged her to work sometime ago

Breda said...

I'm a heartless asshole too!

Mike W. said...

"If she has a legitimate disability, ok- I can feel bad- but if not- then I would think that the basic desire to try to provide for yourself and your family would have urged her to work sometime ago"

You know, my CP might actually qualify a "disability" especially considering how many who have no ailments are able to leech off the system. I've just been raised not to use the system if I can avoid it. Many people are raised with the attitude that abuse of government social programs is their birthright.