Saturday, March 6, 2010

Grandma is in the Hospital

I went to see my mom-mom in the hospital this morning. She was admitted a few days ago with pneumonia, everything went well, she was feeling good and was going to be released. She mentioned to the doctor that she couldn't feel her foot. Tests were done and it turns out she has massive clotting in that leg, bad clotting in the other leg and a tennis-ball sized tumor on her liver.

She's a tough old bird. She's survived a heart attack, a stroke, breast cancer, broken hip, a hip replacement and now pneumonia. Her attitude is good and she's in good spirits but the prognosis doesn't look good no matter what course of action we take.

I just had my Omi in the hospital and now this comes out of nowhere. I just hope bad things don't come in three's. Given his heart condition I'm worried about the strain this could put on my dad, especially if mom-mom passes.

6 comments:

falnfenix said...

you're in my thoughts.

Weer'd Beard said...

Best wishes to you and yours, Mike.

the pistolero said...

Prayers to you, your family and and your mom-mom, Mike.

mike's spot said...

jeez- best wishes.

Bob S. said...

Thoughts and prayers to your family

DirtCrashr said...

My prayers too.