Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sign of The Times

We had our yearly staff evaluations at work today. As usual I did well "exceeds expectations.".....blah blah blah.

My immediate boss and our office administrator both recommended I receive a raise + bonus, but unlike previous years no such raises have been approved yet.

It certainly would not shock me if no raises and/or bonuses were approved this year given the state of the economy. But hey, I still have a job and my review went well. I'm thankful for that.

Now let's vote these bums out before they wreck the economy any further! November is only a few months away!

1 comment:

Weer'd Beard said...

That sucks. Getting praise and EARNING a bonus, but the potential that said bonus may not come does certainly make it a little harder to get out of bed in the morning and head to the salt mines.

Been there, done that. Thankfully bonuses WILL be coming this year, unless something really drastic happens.