Monday, November 7, 2011

Mom W. is armed!

Mom W. is armed now and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  On the one hand, "Yay, good for her!"  On the other hand, there's now an empty spot in my safe.

 After I first brought her shooting a few years ago she asked "can the little gun be my gun?"  There have been a few more outings with the FS22 since then and I suppose I finally caved.  Sure, it's only a .22lr, but she likes it, shoots it well, and most importantly, she thinks it's "cute."

Now she just needs to buy her own Bersa so I can get mine back.

Oh, and she also said she'd like to get her CCDW eventually.  If you'd told me back when I started this blog that those words would come out of Mom's mouth I'd have said you were crazy.

8 comments:

Tango Juliet said...

It's amazing the transformation that takes place in most folk when they get to the range and actually shoot a gun.

They find it's fun. And I 'spose many wonder what all the anti-gun fuss is about.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Heard straight from the Horse's mouth that someone else's Mother we both know will be putting in her paperwork for her CHP this week. Hint: you slept on her Futon. She's very excited!

Laura said...

i am so, so proud of the changes your mom has made regarding guns. i really am.

instinct said...

What's so bad about an empty spot in your gun safe? Now you get to go out an buy something to fill that spot in!

Sounds like a win to me :D

Kevin Baker said...

Merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Whatever to your mother. Let her keep it. Buy yourself something new.

Nancy R. said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Thirdpower said...

I'm w/ Kevin. Fill the empty space w/ a new toy. For everything that mom's have done for us, it's a small sacrifice.

Ellen said...

Way to go Mom W. Welcome to my world. Now go get that CCW.

There were 8 people in my CCW class, for of us were women of the mature kind. Three had never shoot in their lives and all four of us qualified for our CCW.

Mike, let her have the gun, but I'm sure she'll be looking at something with more kick in the future. I am.