Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm gonna piss on you

Forgive me, but I'm having a hard time getting all worked up because a couple of our marines pissed on a few dead Taliban fighters who had just killed some of their buddies.  Should they be reprimanded?  Sure, but the reaction (especially among the left / MSM) is totally overblown here.

As Col. Allen West said,

"As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

I asked my poppop about this and he was a bit taken aback by the reaction it's getting.  I'm paraphrasing, but he basically said "They were dead, right?  Ok, then, what's the big deal?  This is war."  I can only imagine what my other poppop would have to say to these armchair quarterbacks if he were alive today.  I suspect it wouldn't be pretty.

Also, for all those using this incident as an excuse to attack the troops, where's your outrage over the actions of our enemies?  The Taliban and other jihadists have done far, far worse to the bodies of dead American soldiers.  Spare me the selective outrage please.  Just come right out and tell us you hate the troops.  It's obvious to most of us anyway.

2 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Death by Political Correctness seems to be the New Rules of Engagement. Next thing you'll know it'll be a Crime to Kill the Guy shooting at you on the Battlefield.

Newbius said...

My reaction to that pic was to ask if they layered the jihadists in bacon first. Of course, that would have defiled the bacon...