Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just stop it

Why even bother engaging the professional victims who are paid shills of the gun control movement?  If you look at their actions it becomes obvious that all they do is act like petulant children. 

They are, by and large, nasty, hateful people who want to pull us down into the muck with them so they can say "hey, look at all those mean, nasty gun owners!"  I look at twitter and all I see from the anti's is an endless campaign of personal attacks and continued "outing" of pro-gun bloggers. They are the very antithesis of the gunnie community I have come to know and love.

I've been arguing with anti's since before I had a blog. Hell, I was doing it back when the Brady Campaign allowed comments on their blog. I'm burntout on stupid and inclined to just say "stupid is as stupid does" and leave them be.  I love debate, I love to argue, but let's be honest.  These people are just plain nasty and they present no intellectual challenge.  These are not intellectual heavyweights.  They are paid shills who've been duped and will never see the world through any prizm other than that of perpetual, exploitative victimhood.  They are sad but predictable and they bore the hell out of me.

I mean, if you want to address some dumb argument of Insert Name Here that's your choice, but dealing with mentally ill folks who are incapable of using reason, forming coherent thoughts, or determining truth from falsity hurts my head and makes me wonder if it's killing brain cells.  They will come after you, they will personally attack you, threaten you, and "out" you.  I don't have the patience for that level of filth, and frankly, these people are irrelevant (which I think in part explains their behavior)
 
Do you know how I'd deal with petulant children?  Send them to go sulk in the corner alone and then ignore them.    I feel the same way about anti-gunners.  They don't want debate.  They have no capacity for rational thought.  They have no decency or tact.  They are not like us.
 
Oh sure, I'll point out their bigotry, hatred, intolerance and lies in extraordinary cases where it's particularly illustrative of the low character of people we're dealing with.  Most of the time though, they're just not worth it.  Lipstick or not I don't feel like rolling around in the mud with pigs.*

*Trust me, I've done plenty of it before.

1 comment:

BobG said...

I came to that conclusion a couple of years ago. Why waste time arguing with stupid, bigoted people? Save your energy for people with open minds.