Friday, May 25, 2012

Quote of the Day - Open Carry thoughts

"I have my own reasons to OC and I’m very thankful that I live in a part of the world where I can do so. If there are those that don’t like OC, then by all means – don’t do it. I’ll make a deal with you – I won’t tell you what do to, and you don’t tell me what to do. Because I don’t remember asking your opinion, and I certainly don’t need your permission. "

- Nancy R. - OC Day Founder and gentle giant extraordinaire.

This.  This times a million.  Why operators and blowhards get their knickers in a bunch over open carry I'll never know.  Do your own thing, go about your daily business, and I'll do mine.


Also, I guess I've gotta quote Nancy twice.

"I’m a raging introvert that just wants to do my errands in safety."



There will always be douchebags and attention whores in ANY movement, without exception.  The fact that a tiny fraction of folks who OC act like douchebag attention whores has no impact on me.  I just want to go about my day in peace while carrying. I don't care about the douchebags.  I can't control their behavior.  All I can do is carry and act decent and well mannered, as I was raised to do.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Good quotes :-). I can't see what the problem is with OC to begin with. I don't think its "in your face" its just honest and open.

Rush3171 said...

I open carry here in Colorado on occasion when I don't want to throw on an over shirt or I'm in a dangerous part of town. I'd rather them know i have it than fin out the hard way. Great post!

Please check out my gun blog, yes another one.
Rushtac.blogspot.com