Thursday, June 14, 2012

A good trend

I'm always a bit wary when I'm OC'ing somewhere I've never been before, but as usual, it's as happily non-eventful as usual.  I stopped by a steakhouse in Hockessin, near where I used to work back in high school & college, had great salad and lobster mac & cheese as starters, and quite possibly one of the worst gourmet burgers I've ever had.*  Even bacon couldn't save it.  It still dumbfounds me how you can order something "medium" and end up with meat that has not even a bit of pink in it.

*I think the worst was a stuffed burger from the Deerpark, which I couldn't even eat.

The anti's would have you believe that I was "brandishing" my gun by OC'ing (around women & children no less!) and that I caused a scene and was rude, loud, and indignant with the waitress and staff.  I wasn't of course.  I was my usual, relatively polite self.  It must suck that their cartoonish stereotypes of us are so far off.

I can't stand it when people are rude to waitresses / waiters. It's a pet peeve of mine. I've been known to personally apologize & give extra cash for the behavior of certain uber liberal, Obama voting, vehemently anti-gun family members who routinely fail to treat wait staff decency.

3 comments:

DirtCrashr said...

NEVER be rude or nasty to someone who is handling your food behind closed doors, that's just BIG stupid. There's a reason why Medieval rulers had food tasters.

Tyler said...

You are lucky, I live in the Communist state of claifornia where Open Carry has been outlawed pretty much. I figure the more people in a bank who OC, the less likely it is to get robbed. OC all the way

Brigid said...

I was behind an old car at the intersection. The window opens and some chick starts dumping out bag after bag of fast food garbage and then speeds away. I didn't get the plate number, noting simply that she had an Obama bumper sticker which explained a lot.