Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Compare and Contrast

Compare these two unfortunate news stories with these two.  In the first two stories, an innocent person is dead because of murderous scum.  In the second two, the intended victims are alive because they were armed.   The bad guys in the latter two stories didn't have guns on them, yet it was not lack of guns in the hands of the perpetrators that kept the victims safe, it was guns in their own hands.

I read those links and I see the uncle trying to make sense of why these scum shot his niece.  There's no making sense of it.  He says, "They just could have took what they wanted and left and not done that."  Yes, they could have, and they chose to shoot her.

Like Breda said, "I'm not gonna be someone's meat....It's not gonna be my story."

Putting aside statistical argument, the Constitution, defense against government tyranny and all the other reasons we have for defending the 2nd Amendment as vociferously as we do, I think this one is the most plainly grounded in reality.

Why do I own a gun?  Because if I can help it I do not ever want to be "someone's meat" like the victims in those first two links.

As Mal so succinctly put it, "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."  Indeed.

5 comments:

Divemedic said...

This is where I have decided that there is no way to reason with the gun grabbers. To them one life is the same as another. This means that a dead rapist or murderer is equal to a dead mother or child. Life is life.
In their mind, a death is a death, and one dead person is the same as another. This means that self defense is a null concept to them.

There is no way to discuss anything with them.

Carl said...

The gun grabbers think that instead of defending yourself, you should sit there and let yourself be killed. They disgust me. Especially the Brady Campaign.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Trust me, Mike, you do NOT want to be waiting for the Police to arrive to get rid of the Guy who's trying to get into your Home w/o a Gun in your hand. Thank God I had one, and I still had to shoot because the Police were so slow in arriving.

Anti Money Laundering said...

I will defend my self from guys who gets into my house, it's okay to be armed rather to die hopeless.

Anonymous said...

Choose no to be someones meat. That is good. I will not give up my rights because of treasonous laws.