Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quote of the Day - Intentions

" A guy who would chase down a woman and her kids to an attic crawl space was planning on something worse than lifting a TV, I suspect."

- Glenn Reynolds

People, especially leftists, look at me like I'm some crazy individualist, anti-government kook when I say "you're on your own" in a defensive situation.  They can think that all they want.  What I said is truth.

Make no mistake about it people.  Gun control supporters want this woman unarmed.  They want a woman to cower in a crawlspace with her young children, at the mercy of the large, violent man who has broken down the front door.  My roommate is a liberal big gun control guy.  We don't really have gun control discussions anymore, but he's told me before that my problem is that I'm "adversarial" and don't respect his position.

Dear gun control supporters.  If your position is that this woman should be unarmed or "doesn't need a gun for self-defense," if your position is in anyway at odds with what I wrote here, I'm simply not going to respect it.  I just sincerely hope that you're never in  a situation where you realize that you can't run away and can't fight your way out of the situation by brute strength alone.

Glenn is referring to this recent defensive shooting.  More on that shooting later, because I have a whole post in my head on the subject.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

msn.com, of course, called the woman "trigger-happy." I have to disagree when you say that you hope the anti-gunners never find themselves in that situation. I wish every one of them would be assaulted by some homicidal maniac that the ACLU got released on parole for the tenth time. Maybe then, if they survived, they might grow up and face reality.

Anonymous said...

msn.com, of course, called the woman "trigger happy." Maybe the surgeon who performed my appendectomy was scalpel-happy. And the firefighters are all hose-happy. BTW, I have to disagree when you say that you hope the anti-gunners never find themselves in that situation. I wish every one of them would get assaulted by some ax-wielding maniac out on parole for the tenth time. If they survive, they might grow up and face reality.