Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wilmington MAIG Mayor Williams Has A Carry Permit

Wilmington Mayor Dennis P. Williams, who is a member of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns is obviously a big proponent of more gun control.

Interestingly enough, he also has a Delaware CCDW permit and has carried places where mere peons like myself cannot,

"Williams said he took his firearm into Legislative Hall – and sometimes onto the House floor – while a state representative."


Tom Gordon (D) apparently agrees with him, since apparently people Williams arrested back when he was a cop might want to "even the score" with him.  Ah, so these men, both Democrats and former police officers, think it's perfectly OK for people like themselves to carry guns because they might be victimized, but don't think it's ok for their constituents to do so.
Pete Schwartzkopf (D) also defended the mayor.  Yes, the same Schwartzkopf that has signed onto pretty much every gun control bill being pushed right now in the State Legislature. Funny how many of these politicians adopt a "oh it's fine, he should be able to protect himself" attitude when the person carrying is one of their own, a good old boy.  Go read the article.  I bet you every legislator / councilman etc. quoted has come down against gun rights. 

I look at such men with contempt.  Why are their lives any more important than yours, mine, or a single mother in Wilmington?

2 comments:

Bob S. said...

Amazing how those legislators think they are the only ones who ever tick off anyone else.

While I try to go along and get along; I'm sure there are one or two people out there who dislike me.

But do I get the same privileges as our 'elected officials' -- oh heck no.

Divemedic said...

The funny thing about the "I am a retired cop from Portland, Maine and I need to carry a gun in California, because a person I arrested might find me and try to even the score." is ridiculous. There is no evidence showing that such an event is statistically likely, yet these people use this as a reason to carry while simultaneously denying that ability to the Los Angeles woman who has had her life threatened by her ex-husband that lives a mile away.