Friday, December 27, 2013

Getting Older, Getting Smarter

In this post I referenced an instance at our Holiday Luncheon for work, where I stubbornly tried to carry the case of beer I got as a gift down a flight of stairs, fell, and very nearly broke all the beer.

At this years Christmas luncheon my boss also gave me a case of Dogfish Head 60 minute, and I at least had the good sense to suck up my pride and say "I need help"

Still, even though I know I can't do it without help, I still feel like a schmuck handing a case of beer to a woman 20 years my senior because I can't carry it down a total of 10 steps.

On another note, I've noticed of late that if I try to stand on my weak leg and balance I can actually do it for at least long enough to start counting.  Back when I was getting physical therapy from the students at UD I honestly couldn't stand on my right leg for more than 2-3 seconds before I'd fall over.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We all need a little help sometimes.

armedlaughing said...

Glad you're still here!

gfa

Laura said...

sigh, pride. sometimes you have to swallow some of it and actually ask for help.

frankly, people who need help and don't ask for it are the schmucks. it's okay to ask for help. this is why people live around other people - we help each other.