Monday, October 10, 2011

Irksome

"Pro-gun" folks who are really anti-gunners are the worst kind of folks to have on your side.  I'd rather have an enemy that's at least somewhat honest about their disdain for my rights than someone like Ann Althouse.  People who own guns, or think guns are cool, but think we need all manner of restrictions on "other people" are exactly the sort I find reprehensible.  It's a smarmy, elistist, "guns for me but not for thee" attitude.

Imagine if she'd said, " I'm pro-women's suffrage, but a woman belongs in the kitchen.  I worry about what might happen if she spends her time in the voting booth instead."

H/T to Breda

1 comment:

Weer'd Beard said...

I've read several AP stories that quote Robert Farago as a "Pro Gun voice".

Thanks for the help, Robert!